Avenues of Service & How to Volunteer
Avenues of Service
Based on the Object of Rotary, the Five Avenues of Service are Rotary’s philosophical cornerstone and the foundation on which club activity is based:
- Club Service focuses on making clubs strong. A thriving club is anchored by strong relationships and an active membership development plan.
- Vocational Service calls on every Rotarian to work with integrity and contribute their expertise to the problems and needs of society.
- Community Service encourages every Rotarian to find ways to improve the quality of life for people in their communities and to serve the public interest.
- World Community Service exemplifies our global reach in promoting peace and understanding. We support this service avenue by sponsoring or volunteering on international projects, seeking partners abroad, and more.
- Youth Services – New Generations recognizes the importance of empowering youth and young professionals through leadership development programs such as Rotaract, Interact, Rotary Youth Leadership Awards RYLA, and Rotary Youth Exchange. The Dictionary Project, for third grade students, encompasses our goals in literacy and youth outreach.